Your Family’s Best Winter Vacation Destination
Experience a Genuine Colorado Winter Getaway
Colorado winter vacations are world-famous for postcard-worthy mountain scenery, skiing, and other winter sports designed to bring families and friends together. The bright sunshine complements the snowy landscape with conditions that are perfectly matched for all outdoor winter adventures. The C Lazy U luxury guest ranch offers all-inclusive winter vacations, where everything is taken care of:
- Lodgings, featuring cozy, family-style cabins and secluded couples’ retreats
- Meals, including gourmet breakfasts, lunches and intimate dinners as well as wine list and full bar
- Winter ranch activities, featuring complimentary horseback riding, fishing, cattle pushing, archery and more
C Lazy U taps into the spirit of legendary Colorado winters to make y our winter vacation something truly special to share with the family.
A Typical Day During Winter Vacations at C Lazy U Ranch
Winter Mornings at the Ranch
After waking up in a warm, inviting cabin, guests are greeted with a hot cup of Cowboy Coffee and hearty ranch-style family breakfast that includes all the favorites, including pancakes, eggs, sausage, hash browns, fruit and pastries. Once guests are full and ready for adventure, the kids are wrangled into age-appropriate groups for the supervised Kids Program while the adults go off on their own winter adventures.
Winter Afternoons at the Ranch
Adults have access to endless on-ranch winter activities without ever having to leave the property. There are tons of complimentary winter activities at the ranch:
- Horseback rides: Ride through the snowy mountain trails for breathtaking views.
- Ice hockey and skating: Hold family-friendly games and competition on the Zamboni-groomed pond.
- Snowmobiling*: Zoom around the ranch for a thrilling outdoor winter experience.
- Snowtubing: Hit the private tubing hill for hours of downhill fun.
Sleigh rides, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing round out the winter sports offered at C Lazy U Ranch. Major ski resorts are within close proximity as well. After you’ve had your fill of the chilly Colorado air, warm up in the hot tub or head to the full-service Lazy You Spa for a relaxing massage or Cowboy Soak in a copper tub.
Winter Evenings at the Ranch
When the sun has set, the adults head to the Main Lodge for a gourmet meal that can be paired with your choice of wine, beer or cocktails, shared over an elegantly set table and excellent table service.
Cozy winter evenings are spent with the family inside at the fireside enjoying hot cocoa, games, music and evening entertainment. When the skies are clear, we’ll host a campfire — complete with s’mores, of course — outside to chat, tell ghost stories and enjoy the starlit sky.
At a Glance
January 2 to March 31
From $175 – $395 per person per night Lodging »
Check-in: 3 PM
Check-out: 10 AM
President’s Weekend only: Kids Program »
Horseback Riding, Ice Skating, Snowtubing, Snowshoeing, and more! Winter Activities »
Tips for Planning Your Vacation:
View our Recommendations
Winter Adventures for the Kids
The Kids Program, supervised by our experience counselors, divides children into age groups so that they can participate in winter ranch activities that are suitable for their ages:
- Horseback riding
- Story time
- Scavenger hunts
- Hay rides
- Talent shows
- And much more!
Teens enjoy a bit of independence — with an appropriate amount of supervision — as well as overnight camping and access to the spa. Kids chow down at dinnertime with their peers and counselors before rejoining the adults in the evenings.
Ski Trips to Winter Park & Granby Ranch Resorts
The C Lazy U guest ranch is very much a ski destination. In addition to on-ranch cross-country skiing trails, we offer ski packages to the Winter Park and Ski Granby Ranch ski areas. Guests can take advantage of C Lazy U’s curb-to-curb shuttle service to both ski resorts. Rental equipment can be obtained at a local ski shop prior to your arrival upon request; we can also arrange ski lessons. C Lazy U Ranch gives guests the opportunity to enjoy unparalleled skiing while getting away from the hustle and bustle of busy ski resorts.
With its plethora of winter activities, luxury lodging and gourmet meals, C Lazy U is a unique Colorado winter vacation destination that whole family can enjoy.
*There is an extra charge for snowmobiling
Winter Specials and Events
Grab a post-holiday winter vacation at C Lazy U to keep the spirit alive after the holidays!
- Take advantage of discount rates for the whole C Lazy U experience
- Enjoy all winter activities, including horseback riding, tubing and cross-country skiing
- Modified Kids Program allows for more time together as a family
Enjoy the long Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend and escape to C Lazy U for some adventure and fun with the kids.
- Spend some extra time with the family after the holidays
- All-inclusive package features luxury lodging and gourmet meals
- Take part in all winter ranch activities, including horseback riding and cross-country skiing
Take advantage of the long President’s Day Weekend and come to the Ranch for a winter getaway vacation.
- Kids Program allows for romantic time alone on Valentine’s Day, spent at the spa or on the trails
- Enjoy all winter ranch activities such as horseback riding and cross-country skiing
- Luxury lodging and gourmet meals round out the all-inclusive stay
Spend spring break on a C Lazy U dude ranch adventure that the whole family won’t ever forget.
- All-inclusive spring break packages feature luxury accommodations, gourmet meals and ranch activities
- Kids Program keeps the children busy during the day with age-appropriate activities
- Take advantage of complimentary shuttles to famous Colorado ski resorts