Spring Getaway at C Lazy U Ranch
A Vibrant Season for Short Getaways to a Luxury Colorado Dude Ranch
The C Lazy U guest ranch is one of the best all-inclusive dude ranches in Colorado, and we truly shine in the springtime. Spring is one of the high seasons for groups at the ranch: we’re bustling with ranch weddings, family reunions, teambuilding events and corporate retreats. The one thing all these groups have in common is the desire to enjoy all that the ranch — and Colorado — has to offer.
Our all-inclusive spring vacation packages provides everything you need to make your Colorado trip the best it can be:
- Lodging, with cozy family-style or couples’ cabins
- Meals, featuring cowboy-style breakfasts, lunches and gourmet dinners
- Spring ranch activities, including horseback riding, mountain biking, fly fishing and more
From fly fishing on private waters to long horseback trail rides through the blooming landscape of the Rocky Mountains, spring is a feast for the senses in Colorado. Bring the family or a group of friends and plan a totally unique spring break vacation at the C Lazy U!
A Typical Day During Spring Vacations at C Lazy U Ranch
Spring Mornings at the Ranch
Wake up each morning to watch the sun rise above the Rocky Mountains as the horses graze in the corral. You’ll be greeted with a warm cup of Cowboy Coffee and ample ranch-style breakfast enjoyed with the whole family. After filling up for the morning, you’ll head off for the day’s activities.
Spring Afternoons at the Ranch
Spring is an ideal time to visit a Colorado dude ranch for adults, as the changing weather allows for even more activities. For the first half of April, you can still ski; the rest of the time, you can take part in a number of activities:
- Horseback riding: Take a ride among the wildflowers on the trails.
- Spa: Pamper yourself with massages and other treatments at the award-winning Lazy You Spa.
- Hiking: Indulge in Colorado’s scenic vistas during a long hike through the mountains.
- Mountain biking: Get your adrenaline flowing on the winding trails.
- Fly fishing: An Orvis-endorsed lodge, we offer fishing enthusiasts the chance to fish in private streams.
Trap shooting, archery, a ropes course and zip line and hatchet throwing are also on the ranch’s list of activities — but how you enjoy your spring vacation at C Lazy U Ranch is entirely up to you.
Spring Evenings at the Ranch
When the sun sets, adults and kids enjoy a gourmet meal in the evening, followed by entertainment such as games, music, live entertainment and a campfire around which guests swap stories and share their experiences.
At a Glance
April 6 to May 31
$305 for kids; $395 – $565 for adults; per person per night
Check-in: 3 PM
Check-out: 10 AM
2 nights (except during holidays)
Memorial Day Weekend only: Kids Program »
Horseback Riding, Fly Fishing, Mountain Biking and more! Summer Activities »
Available on an à la carte basis
Tips for Planning Your Vacation:
View our Recommendations
Springtime Fun for the Kids
The supervised Kids Program is reopened during holiday weekends such as Memorial Day, where they’ll spend time taking part in their own ranch adventure. Each age group has its own designated age-appropriate activities:
- Horseback riding
- Game-filled Kids Corral
- Scavenger hunt
- Talent shows
- Hatchet throwing
- And much more!
Kids will dine together in the evenings before rejoining their families for a night filled with games, music, lively entertainment and a cozy campfire with s’mores.
During all of it, you’ll receive our superior service, which means we go the extra mile to make sure that your stay is as wonderful as possible. It’s what makes C Lazy U Colorado’s premier guest ranch and the top choice for your next spring vacation.
Groups at C Lazy U in Spring
There isn’t a better venue for your dream rustic wedding than C Lazy U Guest Ranch with its sweeping vistas and snowcapped Rocky Mountains backdrop. This all-inclusive wedding venue allows you, your wedding party and your guests to stay conveniently on site and experience all the thrills and charms of our luxury ranch. With a selection of inside and outside ceremony locations, you’ll never have to worry about the weather for your spring wedding.Learn More
Experience an impactful corporate retreat at the C Lazy U Guest Ranch. Our team building activities include horsemanship clinics, a ropes course, hikes and other outdoor adventures to keep everyone engaged. C Lazy U is also home to several modern, well-equipped meeting rooms so you’ll have the perfect space for all-hands meetings and smaller breakout sessions.Learn More
Spring Specials and Events
Join us for an adults-only weekend at C Lazy U to focus on yourself or your significant other.
- Get up close and personal with nature during Colorado’s amazing spring weather
- Enjoy the company of adults and uninterrupted conversation
- Do all the included ranch activities you want – or nothing at all – no judgement here!
Bring your family to C Lazy U Ranch for a fun-filled weekend filled with outdoor adventure.
- Kick off the summer with a weekend of horseback riding and ranch activities
- Enjoy gourmet meals, luxury cabins and a chance to visit the award-winning spa
- Come a day early (May 21) to pack in even more excitement
Gain new riding skills, explore your passions and indulge yourself in luxury during the exclusive Julie Goodnight & Barbra Schulte Riding & Wholeness Retreat for women.
- Four nights and five days of horsemanship clinics and guided trail rides
- Attend workshops on personal growth to explore your inner strengths
- Learn to boost your confidence, control emotions and live a healthy life
Spend spring break on a C Lazy U dude ranch adventure that the whole family won’t ever forget.
- All-inclusive spring break packages feature luxury accommodations, gourmet meals and ranch activities
- Enjoy activities like horseback riding, snowtubing, and cross-country skiing on miles of groomed trails
- Take advantage of complimentary shuttles to famous Colorado ski resorts
Learn how to use yoga and yogic principles to improve your horsemanship skills during this exclusive retreat, led by International yoga teacher, retreat leader and long-time trail rider Cathy Woods.
- Become a conscious rider through body, breathing, energy and present-moment awareness
- Three-night retreat allows you to acquire skills to use on and off the saddle
- All skill levels welcome, including beginners and advanced yoga practitioners and riders