The C Lazy U Vision
Greener pastures for generations to come
Continue to operate as the Premier Guest Ranch in North America for generations to come, uphold the C Lazy U Ranch legacy, maintain and preserve the land while providing a superior experience for guests and members.
Always exceed our guest and member expectations by providing superior service, accommodations, dining, activities, and amenities while honoring and preserving the traditions of the great American West since 1919.
Conservation & Preservation Efforts Ensure A Pristine Wilderness
Guests come to the C Lazy U luxury dude ranch for its natural beauty, clean mountain air, recreation, rest and relaxation. To ensure that these elements will be here today and live into the future for all to enjoy, the C Lazy U Ranch is committed to the protection, conservation and preservation of the environment that surrounds the ranch. We have implemented numerous programs to conserve our natural resources:
- We have eliminated the disposal of an estimated 10,000 one time use water bottles by giving each guest their own C Lazy U water bottle that is theirs to keep.
- Bathroom facilities have been upgraded with improved fixtures saving an estimated 80,000 gallons of water each year.
- Recycling bins have been placed throughout the C Lazy U.
- Fluorescent light bulbs have been installed and we have purchased E85 (Ethanol) Flex Fuel Vehicles.
- We continue to plant new trees and vegetation throughout the C Lazy U property.
- To further preserve our natural spring water supply, we invite our guests to put towels they would like replaced in the bathtub and hang towels on the rack that they wish to reuse.
Conserving The Land
The ranch now controls 8,500 acres of land. The current owners are so committed to the ranch’s vision that they work closely with The Nature Conservancy to ensure lasting protection of wetlands and wildlife habitat on several nearby parcels. These efforts ensure that the ranch will preserve the traditions of the Great American West and the natural grandeur of this breathtaking scenery to help make your next Colorado vacation as beautiful as possible!
A portion of this operation is conducted on Public Lands under special permit from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management and U.S. Forest Service.