Family Summer Vacations
The Perfect Family Getaway Begins at CLU
Wake up and smell the cowboy coffee! Each summer sunrise at C Lazy U welcomes another day of dude ranch adventure for the entire family. Summer dude ranch vacations at C Lazy U are all-inclusive, meaning that everything is taken care of:
- Lodging, which features cozy family-style cabins
- Meals, which includes hearty breakfasts, refreshing lunches, intimate gourmet dinners, expertly curated wine list and full bar
- Summer ranch activities are built into your vacation, including the renowned Kids Program in which your children have their own supervised fun while the adults are out enjoying their pick of activities
Once you step foot on the ranch, all you have to do is choose the activities in which you’d like to participate — daily horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking or just a pampered day at the spa — and let us handle the rest.
A Typical Day During Summer Vacations at C Lazy U Ranch
Summer Mornings at the Ranch
It’s 6 a.m., meaning it’s rush hour at the ranch. Instead of revving engines and honking of frustrated drivers, you’ll hear the clopping of hooves and whinnying of horses. Our herd of over 200 horses comes in from pasture every morning — the “jingle” — for an early performance to kick off the day. It’s an amazing sight: a thunderous parade of horses led by skillful wranglers who corral the horses and saddle them for another day on the trails during a dream horseback riding vacation.
The day begins with “Cowboy Coffee,” freshly brewed at the lodge firepit, served alongside a hearty, ranch-style family breakfast that includes all the fixin’s: pancakes, eggs, sausage, hash browns, fruit and pastries. Kids and parents eat this meal together in preparation for the high-energy activities coming their way.
Summer Afternoons at the Ranch
Adults take off on horseback, relax at the spa, play tennis, or simply unwind while reading a book at the pool. There are countless summer ranch activities in which to take part, whether you’re in the mood for a heart-pumping adventure or a day of solitude at the Lazy You Spa. After all, this is your family summer vacation, too!
Summer Evenings at the Ranch
To wrap up the day’s activities, parents enjoy a separate gourmet meal in the Main Lodge with fellow adults to share their day’s adventure.
After dinner, families gather together once again for the nightly family activity. At the end of the week, after everyone’s brushed up on their horseback riding skills and bonded with their fellow vacationers, guests participate in the Shodeo: kids show off the skills they’ve learned, while the adults compete against each other in pole bending, barrel racing and more.
At a Glance
June 14 – August 22, 2020
From $525 – $902 per person per night Lodging »
Check-in: 3 PM
Check-out: 10 AM
7 nights, Sunday to Sunday
Every day: Kids Program »
Horseback Riding, Fly Fishing, Mountain Biking and more! Summer Activities »
Two western cooking dinner events, Woodsie Breakfast cookout, All-day ride, Family Ride, Shodeo, Talent Show, Cowboy Singer, Hoedown with Live Band, S’mores and branding by the fire
Tips for Planning Your Vacation:
View our Recommendations
Summer Dude Ranch Vacation for the KidsKids Program, which provides a classic summer camp experience that children will never forget. The C Lazy U dude ranch groups kids by age, encouraging them to make lasting friendships with their peers as they participate in age-appropriate activities, such as:
- Horseback riding
- Scavenger hunts
- And more!
Our experienced counselors, some of whom were once little campers at C Lazy U themselves, share their passion for the West and for summer fun. We keep kids entertained throughout the entire day with a variety of activities specially tailored to their ideal Colorado summer vacation.
In the evenings, kids and their counselors enjoy dinner together to chat about the day’s adventures and continue bonding with their peers.
Summer vacations at C Lazy U are a truly special experience where friendships are forged and lifelong memories are created, and where each day is a perfect balance of fun, family adventure and just a little bit of solitude — and it’s all part of a Colorado summer vacation at C Lazy U dude ranch.
Summer Specials and Events
Join us for a rare opportunity to enjoy an adults-only summer weekend at C Lazy U!
- Get up close and personal with nature during Colorado’s amazing summer weather
- Enjoy the company of adults and uninterrupted conversation
- Do all the included ranch activities you want or just relax by the pool, your choice!
Celebrate the 4th of July C Lazy U Style! Book your stay for this week to experience a memorable dude ranch summer vacation on Independence Day.
- Celebrate with a fantastic fireworks display on July 4
- Take part in a parade, complete with your family’s own flag
- All-inclusive stay includes horseback riding and dozens of other daily ranch activities
Experience the songwriting prowess and compelling vocal performances of husband and wife musical team, Monty Powell and Anna Wilson.
- Learn how to write your first hit during a Songwriting Session
- Attend an intimate private concert at the end of the week
- Participate in all the typical ranch activities, including daily trail rides
Join us for a late-summer adults-only weekend at C Lazy U to focus on yourself or your significant other.
- Get outdoors and play like kids during Colorado’s amazing late summer weather
- Enjoy uninterrupted conversations in the company of adults
- Do all the included ranch activities you want including two nights of stargazing with a professional stargazer!