To our C Lazy U family:
First and foremost, our hearts go out to anyone affected by COVID-19. Please know that we value the health and safety of our guests, members and team above all else. C Lazy U Ranch is located in Grand County and this area of Colorado has not encountered the high levels of positive cases widely seen in urban areas throughout the United States. The ranch is currently operating in strict adherence to county and state restrictions and guidelines. We’ve also added our own initiatives to ensure appropriate precautionary measures in a ranch environment .
We understand that vacationing and traveling to C Lazy U Ranch may be slightly different and there may be some new questions prior to your stay. Therefore, we hope the information provided here will provide you with the necessary assurance that you will have a safe experience filled with genuine western hospitality and five-star service.
The C Lazy U Ranch Family
FAQs About Covid-19 and Your Upcoming Stay
- Food and Beverage at CLU
- Safety Procedures/General COVID-19 Questions
Safety Procedures/General COVID-19 Questions
Am I required to have a Covid Vaccination to travel to the ranch?
C Lazy U Ranch does not require vaccinations to be a guest at the ranch, although it encourages them as a commonly recognized and valuable safety precaution. The same policy holds true for our team members.
Will I be required to wear a mask while at C Lazy U Ranch?
Masks are no longer required in the state of CO and therefore not required at the ranch.
What care are you ensuring related to your team members?
Our team members are health screened and temperature checked before being allowed to begin work for the day. Every team member on duty will be wearing a colored bracelet indicating they’ve passed the daily health and temperature screening and have been approved to come on duty. Team members follow the C Lazy U Ranch Commitment to Containment:
- I will maintain 6-foot social distancing
- I will wash my hands often and according to generally accepted practices
- I will notify the ranch and stay home when I am sick or showing symptoms of illness
- I will notify the ranch and get tested immediately if I have symptoms
- I will encourage these behaviors in others
What additional safety precautions are you taking?
Numerous initiatives are in effect to address health and safety concerns. For example:
- Social Distancing practices are in effect
- Increased hand washing for all
- Staff are screened for above-normal body temperatures before each shift
- Additional sanitizing stations are in use for team members and guests throughout the ranch
- Updated operating procedures to honor social spacing for activities and meals
- Employee education for health and safety protocols
How is C Lazy U screening guests and staff for COVID-19?
- The ranch will perform pre-work health screens for staff before each shift.
- Guests are encouraged to social distance prior to and after arrival.
- Guests and staff with COVID-19 symptoms are not allowed to visit the ranch.
- The ranch will immediately address situations where guests or staff experience COVID-19 symptoms while at the ranch.
What activities are available?
At C Lazy U Ranch all group sizes are typically limited to 4-8 people in accordance with a maximum allowable current group size restriction of 10 or less.
With this in mind, activities that are available include:
- Riding equipment and Helmets are cleaned and sanitized between rides.
- Group sizes for rides are adjusted as appropriate for distancing purposes
- Guests and wranglers are required to wear gloves when riding
- Staggered mounting times are used to decrease congestion points for each ride
- The ranch offers family-together rides to honor social distancing recommendations
- Orvis fly fishing
- Guided hiking
- Guided mountain biking
- Trap shooting
- Ropes course
- Zip line
The ranch is always focused on enjoying and exploring the outdoors! That has not changed. Whether it’s mountain biking, hiking or throwing hatchets, we’re ready for some fun in the sun and have all activities up and running. Some other steps we are taking:
- Careful hygienic cleaning of equipment after each use
- Activities will be conducted in smaller groups which may be private, per- family or per specific groups of friends
- Activities will be scheduled and staggered to avoid congregation of people in waiting areas
Will the pool and hot tub be open?
Yes, the pool and hot tubs are open.
Will the Lazy You Spa be open?
Yes, the spa will be open using county and state recommended service and safety guidelines.
Will the ranch still have evening entertainment?
Yes, in modified capacity that includes outdoor and large spaces, while honoring social distancing and smaller group sizes.
I have an upcoming trip planned at C Lazy U Ranch. I am wondering how the Coronavirus is affecting my reservation. Can you tell me if you are open and whether or not it is safe to visit?
We have adopted a comprehensive four-tiered approach to ensure a safe environment:
- Compliance – we are aligning with county, state, federal, CDC and WHO required practices and operating guidelines
- Cleaning – we are increasing the frequency and depth of our cleaning, using hospital grade disinfectants, chemicals and sanitizers
- Training – we have trained our team members upon appropriate service procedures, use of masks and gloves and social distancing measures
- Coordination – we encourage all of our guests to work together to support and honor the initiatives above
Can I change my reservation if I cannot travel due to COVID-19 travel restrictions?
- Please reach out to C Lazy U Ranch if you have concerns with traveling during your reservation dates and we will actively work with you to rebook your reservation.
- Please note that last minute cancellations will fall under our current cancellation policy (CLICK HERE) so we encourage all guest to reach out to the ranch 60 days prior to arrival if you are requesting any changes.
- Each reservation is unique, and the ranch is proactively managing all requests focusing on at-risk individuals, out of state travelers with mandated restrictions and international travelers to rebook them for future dates.
- Please contact us at (970)-887-3344 or via email at email@example.com with questions or requests to reschedule.
Will I be able to reschedule my upcoming trip due to COVID-19?
We want to ensure all of our guests’ safety, so we will be happy to help you rebook your stay for future dates if circumstances warrant moving dates. Please contact us at 970-887-3344 so we can assist you.
Will Housekeeping be offered during my stay and if so how?
Your safety while at the ranch has never been more important to our housekeeping staff and they are doing an amazing job evaluating and elevating standards for your stay.
- This includes more aggressive cleaning techniques that include regular disinfecting with hospital grade cleaning products
- Frequent and regular cleaning of restrooms and public areas with an emphasis on high volume touchpoints, such as doorknobs and restroom fixtures
- Custom cleaning options are available if you would like to limit the frequency of ranch personnel in your room
Will the kids program continue to run? If so, what is C Lazy U doing to protect kids and their counselors?
- The ranch will still offer the Kids’ Program during your stay, which has always been a highlight for families.
- New procedures are in place to reduce group sizes for each age group.
- All counselors are following new cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Most kids’ activities are outside and in small groups. All equipment, including helmets, are sanitized and cleaned daily.
- The Kids Corral is cleaned and disinfected multiple times a day.
Food and Beverage at CLU
Meals at C Lazy U are typically served family-style. How will the dining procedures change to ensure guest safety?
Our culinary team, led by Executive Chef Cory Untch, has exciting new healthy-focused menu selections that are tailored to meet the needs of our guests while complying with COVID-19 regulations.
- The team is implementing new Board of Health recommended food storage, prep and service initiatives for increased safety
- Each meal period will benefit from detailed service precautions