A guest post by: Cathy Woods, lead of our 3-night Women’s Retreat
When we combine our passions into our livelihood there is no better feeling. I have followed my heart for the past 27 years, creating a lifestyle where I lead yoga classes, retreats, life-skills enrichment programs and best of all Horse and Yoga events! Combining my love for horses, yoga and travel has been a rich and fulfilling experience in many ways. It fills my heart to touch the lives of others in a positive way.
C Lazy U Ranch in Colorado has created a space in which I can offer Body, Mind, Equine in my favorite way…as a several day retreat! I am often asked to lead half day workshop or segments of my program interwoven into to other events. At C Lazy U, I can lead a three night retreat for women and really allow them to “soak in” the entire experience leaving renewed and empowered.
I am proud to announce that this program is “not just airy fairy fluff”; there is real substance to it and potential for personal growth and fun! It is not about doing yoga on the back of your horse, but rather so much more.
Value and importance of this retreat:
- Women need a break and time to restore! Women are often the care givers, holding together households, families and careers. Breaks are order to remain healthy and well.
- Retreat, renewal, restorative and introspective time are essential to keeping the balance in life. Nurturing oneself with quality personal time has lasting value.
- On the flip side of that…fun is in order too! Women can become so busy, forgetting what it feels like to have fun, laugh, kick up their heels and go on an adventure.
- Connections are important for a fulfilled life. In retreat ladies get to connect with like minded women, share stories, make new friends and feel a kinship which warms the heart.
- Support is a powerful component. We offer support for each other which can come up in various ways in a retreat setting. Each group is unique and organically creates its own dynamic.
- Women’s empowerment is always created when the spirit of the woman (and cowgirl!) come together in fellowship, celebrating who we are.
- Lastly, what woman doesn’t love beautiful accommodations, having her meals prepared and complete permission to be herself? Just show up, relax and enjoy the feeling that someone else “has got this”.
Body, Mind, Equine is a perfect blend of nurturing time, learning and fun through horses and yoga. Participants leave feeling renewed and refreshed, ready to greet their lives with a fresh perspective. This program is for everyone, regardless of horse or yoga experience. We work with you and accept you from where you are. It is my hope that you gals will treat yourself to this empowering program and experience for yourself the value of retreat.