While we’re all at home, now is the perfect time to practice your cooking. To help you improve your cooking chops and use up some ingredients before they go bad, C Lazy U ranch’s chef, Corey Untch, has put together a recipe that’s simple, satisfying, and will give you a taste of the ranch life while you’re home. To help you clean out your fridge and use up produce before it becomes limp and lifeless, try this carrot soup recipe. Using common ingredients, you can create a savory, mouthwatering dish the whole family can enjoy. Let’s get cooking!
This recipe is designed for something that is always sitting in the depths of your refrigerator door; slowly becoming limp and useless. The thought of this recipe was to use up those carrots and turn them into something delicious and wholesome during these times.
- Carrots – 2 quarts – peeled and chopped into 1-inch logs
- Onions – 1 cup diced
- Garlic – 5 cloves diced
- Orange juice – to cover carrots in pot
- Lemon Juice – at the end to taste
- Orange zest – at the end 1 each
- Cumin – toasted – 1 Tablespoon
- Fennel Seed – toasted – 1 Tablespoon
- Coriander – 1 tsp
- Honey – ¼ cup
- EV Olive oil- ¼ cup
- Red Chili Flake – 1 tsp
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Place onions in pot add 1 tsp of salt and sauté in a little oil till translucent
- Add carrots, orange juice cumin, fennel seed, coriander, hone, add another tsp of salt
- Cook till carrots are fork tender
- Place mixture in blender and puree- being careful to hold a towel over the blender so lid doesn’t pop off during the puree
- Add Extra virgin olive oil in slowly as to emulsify
- Add orange zest, lemon juice, red chile flake
As with any recipe: taste adjust with salt, red chile flake, honey and olive oil. Add more of these if necessary.
Garnish Optional :
- Cinnamon Toasted Pine Nuts – as many as you want
- Whipped Yogurt – 1 spoon full
- Kale Crisps – as many as you want
We hope you enjoy this wholesome dish and look forward to bringing you more ideas in the future!