Colorado Film Location
The Perfect All-Inclusive Film Location in Colorado's Premier Mountain Setting
Since 1919 the C Lazy U ranch has been celebrated around the world for its rich history, rustic elegance, breathtaking scenery and outstanding service. Boasting 11,000 acres of pristine wilderness comprised of three separate ranches--from meadows to mesas and mountain peaks to winding creeks—the ranch has been the backdrop for countless family vacations, many group retreats, several weddings and a wide variety of commercial film and photography projects. In fact, the only downside to bringing your business to C Lazy U Ranch is leaving...
What makes C Lazy U a good choice for commercial film location interest is that we are first and foremost an all-inclusive guest ranch. We provide our guests with upscale accommodations, three gourmet meals daily, location transportation, activity coordination and just about anything else their hearts desire, all in one beautiful secluded setting. What does this mean for you? By eliminating the hassle of arranging such details for your crew, you are able to focus on more important things, like your job.
An eagle soars over a lush sea of wavering meadow grass. A family of elk grazes under the quiet shade of an Aspen forest. A moose meanders along the banks of a reservoir as the blazing sun dips behind the mountains, casting vibrant hues across the cloudless sky. Such rare scenes are actually a daily occurrence at the C Lazy U Ranch, where the Colorado River runs off the Continental Divide and winds its way through mountain valleys. It's a land of green meadows, blue skies, and clean air. This is Colorado ranch country, and has been for over 90 years.
ON SITE CORDINATION
Not only will ranch staff handle all of the technical arrangements leading up to your film shoot, but you will also be assigned an on-site coordinator to make sure things go smoothly during your stay. Need 20 bottles of water on set while shooting in the middle of the mesa? On the way. Need access to an off-road vehicle to scout the perfect location for your next scene? We'll pick you up in five. Rain delay? Let us escort you to the lodge (complete with flat-screen TVs, WiFi and a bar) where you can kick back while you wait it out.
- Less than 90 miles from Denver
- 20 miles to Rocky Mountain National Park and Grand Lake
- Less than 25 miles to Winter Park Ski Resort
- 5 minutes away from Granby
This means that when you're knee deep in powder on top of Mt. Baldy and your makeup artist runs out of lip gloss in the grassy meadow, or your light meter batteries die, production won't be halted for several hours, or days.
Finally, in addition to gorgeous scenery, outstanding service and an unbeatable location, the C Lazy U Ranch has experience. In recent years we have been the production location of choice for:
- Warren Miller Entertainment
- Belk Retail Department Store (multiple shoots)
- Jim Jordan Photography/White Cross Productions
- Columbia Sporting Goods
- Jockey's first shoot with their new spokesperson (and Denver's newest Bronco), Tim Tebow.
- Cabela's Outfitter
The C Lazy U Ranch was hosted as a location for a filmed hunt in 2010 that will be airing this fall. Due to the quality of animals on the property High Adventures Company filmed several hunts throughout the 2010 fall hunting season. The hunts will be shown on the Sportsman Channel so keep your eyes out for a fun and exciting hunt at the C Lazy U Ranch.
SCOUTS C LAZY U HAS WORKED WITH
- Doug Millington – Warren Miller and Jockey
- Liah Kim, Bob Industries - Columbia
- Kimberly Smith – Belk
- Daniel Taff, Harlequin Romance Novel [link]
The shoot was very successful, and everyone had a great time at the ranch. The billing was turned in yesterday, and everything looked good. I would definitely like to come back sometime in the summer or fall. Everyone commented on your ranch as being their favorite place to shoot – the rooms
were great, food was awesome, scenery was breathtaking, and the staff was so attentive. Chris was great host, especially on our last evening. Bruce was very helpful too – I hope we weren't too demanding! You are so fortunate to have such a wonderful place with great staff.
Michelle Beier - Cabela's Photo Shoot
BUILDINGS & FACILITIES
- Main Lodge built in 1946 – True Log Cabin
- 1919 historic and iconic barn with old tack room
- Patio House – Pool, hot tub, 2 fire pits, playground, grass, meeting room, game room, tv room, gym, business center, children's corral
- 12,000 square foot heated indoor riding area with dirt surface
- Hay Barn and maintenance shed
- Outdoor riding Arena
- Old cabins located in the woods throughout the ranch
- Over 5 acres of stables and corrals
- 2 tennis courts, basketball court, volleyball court
- 3 Separately located outpost wall tents
- Many high-end luxury homes
- All roads are ranch roads with dirt surfaces, some are straight and lots are winding roads through the woods
- 1.5 mile C Lazy U driveway off the highway
- 2 mile connector between the ranch and the Homesteads
- Over 2 miles of road in the homesteads
- .5 mile Chimney Rock Cabins Road
- 2 mile dip and dive high mountain connector road
- Yellow Brick Road, aspen surrounded road/jeep trail
- Multiple logging roads that are rough cut in throughout the forest, like jeep trails
- Multiple roads through the pasture, along the river and upper and lower mesa
Summer Activities Include:
- Horseback Riding, Hiking, Biking, Swimming, Fishing, Tennis, Archery, Game Room and 24 hour Fitness Center. Optional sign up for Trap Shooting, Ropes Course, Zip Line, Guided Fishing, Yoga, Camping and Spa.
Winter Activities Include:
- Horseback Riding, Sledding, Tubing, Snowshoeing, Ice-Skating, Cross Country Skiing, Hot Tub, Spa, Game Room and 24 hour Fitness Center. Optional sign up for Private Snowcat Skiing, Trap Shooting, Ropes Course, Zip Line and Sleigh Rides.
VEHICLES AND EQUIPMENT
- 4 – 16 passenger vans, some new and some old
- 2 – Suburbans, 1 old and 1 new
- Multiple ranch trucks of all makes and models, some old and some new
- 4 seat Polaris Ranger, all terrain vehicle
- 2 seat Polaris Ranger, all terrain vehicle
- Water Truck
- Old Fire Truck
- 10 – Snomobiles
- 2 – Snowcats, one with a 10 person cab
- Chuck Wagon
- Golf Carts
- Rentals – The ranch has local connections to get preferred pricing on any light or heavy industrial equipment throughout the county
GUIDES AT YOUR DISPOSAL
- Hunting – Our local outfitters are more than capable of transporting you through the vast acerage of the ranch. Whether it is tracking wildlife or finding the perfect location for a shot these guys know the ranch like the back of their hand.
- Fishing – Our two miles of Orvis Endorsed private stream should be more than sufficient to capture the perfect river shot and our guides can help you locate that perfect river bend.
- The C Lazy U is open to filming year round at any one of our three locations.
- The main location of the ranch serves as a guest ranch in June, July and August but this doesn't necessary translate into the inability to film at the ranch. We have done numerous high profile shoots without our guests even knowing it was going on.
- The ranch can be reserved exclusively for film shoots between the months of September-May
- Contact Brady Johnson at email@example.com for more information