Activities & Team Building
Inclusive Spring, Summer And Fall Activities Include:
Horseback Riding, Guided Hiking (naturalist available upon request), Guided Mountain Biking, Fishing, Tennis Archery, Game Room and 24 hour Fitness Center, Heated Outdoor Pool and Hot Tub. (Optional sign up for Trap shooting, Zip Line, Guided Fishing, Yoga, Luxury Camping and Spa.)
Inclusive Winter Activities Include:
Horseback Riding, Sledding, Tubing, Snowshoeing, Ice-Skating, Cross Country Skiing, Hot Tub, Game Room and 24 hour Fitness Center. (Optional sign up for Private Snowcat Skiing, Trap Shooting, Spa and Private Sleigh Rides, and Snowmobile Tours.)
Ropes Course and Zip Line
The most popular team building event, our ropes course challenge has been designed to create a constructive team building environment that carries over into practical applications.
We have three low ropes elements that push participants to let go of themselves and think about the team by asking them to think of the most effective way to solve physically, and mentally challenging problems. Low ropes activities are not strenuous and anyone can do them. They are mental challenges done outdoors at ground level, requiring minimal balance and coordination
Four high ropes elements include a Tandem Rock Wall, Leap of Faith, Vertical Play Pen and Zip Line finish the challenge, pushing participants to overcome self-doubt, communicate and encourage fellow participants. These activities are more adventurous by nature.
A debrief culminates all activities. The low ropes, high ropes or zip line can all be performed individually or as a package event. It is up to the coordinator to select what is appropriate for the group.
Cowboy Ethics, Horsemanship and Cattle Pushing Clinic
Participants can be divided into groups and groups can choose from:
- Instructional time in the ring - what is the true nature of the horse, and how will that information help you out on the trail? What are teh "behind the scenes" things that you can be doing to better control your horse? These and others will be covered in the arena.
- The cowboy experience with a roping clinic, discussing the uses of the cowboy's lariat, the proper way to hold and throw it, the different kinds of shots that can be thrown and why.
- One of the most popular is the Cattle Pushing Clinic. This allows you to be a cowboy and actually learn how to herd, cut and move cattle. Activity debriefs will recap and weave The Code of the West together with a unique twist on team building.
Tee Pee Building
Each team will be provided with a photograph of an actual Native American Tee pee and all of the materials needed to construct a Tee Pee. Without any instruction, each team will be required to work together in constructing their Tee Pee. This activity works best with groups of 10 or less.
This entire group will be divided into multiple teams, and be asked to come up with a team name, and team flag. After an opening ceremony the games begin! Teams will participate in a number of events against one another (parachute/water balloon volleyball; fire building; relay race etc.) that require them to work as a team to beat their opponents. This is good, lighthearted fun that really brings the group together!
Outdoor Adventure / Survival Exercise
(A.K.A. "The Amazing Race")
Participants are debriefed on survival skills including navigational tools survival strategies and tips.
Participants are then divided into small teams and will be provided maps, clues and activities that will take them from one event or location on the ranch to another to seek out the common goal. The ranch can prepare courses as difficult or easy as the group coordinator would like with the ability to span over C Lazy U's 8,500 acres.
Winter Sports Relay
Teams race against one another in the following events:
- Downhill, Luge style sledding
- Snow Shoeing
- Pond Speed Skate
- Cross Country Skiing
- Horse Tacking
- Sled Pull
Other Team Building / Group Exercises
- Group Instructional Trail Ride
- Orvis Fly Tying Class (each participant will tie their own fly for fly fishing)
- Orvis Fly Casting Clinic (each participant learns how to cast a fly rod)
- "Woodsie" Breakfast Cookout (June through Aug only)
- Hay Rides
- Instructional Square & Line Dancing
- Karaoke Night at the Lodge